Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

About Rick Warren Speaking at the Desiring God Conference

If you are like me, you were surprised and somewhat concerned to hear that John Piper had asked Rick Warren to speak at his conference this year.  There can be little doubt that Mr. Warren has some problems when it comes to interpreting and applying the Bible and most conservative evangelical leaders are pretty much in agreement I believe on this.  Here is a link where John Piper defends and explains his reason for asking Rick Warren to speak.  I think it at least shows that Piper has not run off into error.  He makes good points at the end so if you watch this, watch it all the way through.  While I can’t see myself doing what Piper did, I am comfortable with the notion that Piper hasn’t abandoned his orthodox positions.  Enjoy

John Piper's Explanation

No comments:

Post a Comment